1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
500 g minced lamb
150 g mushrooms, sliced
½ - 1 sachet (20-30g) prepared taco spice mix
150 ml water
2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
6 tortillas or wraps
1 tablespoon oil, to lightly oil tortillas
200 g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown the mince on a high heat in a frying pan. Use a spatula to break up the meat to stop big clumps forming. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan cook the onion, pepper and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Return mince to the pan, sprinkle with the spice and stir in the water. Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat, than add the chopped coriander.
- Brush the tortillas lightly with oil on one side only. Divide the filling and cheese equally between the tortillas, placing on one half only. Fold them in two and brown them on both sides in a large non-stick frying pan, until the cheese melts. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut in half and serve hot with a salad of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and red onion.
If you don’t have any taco spice, mix equal parts of cumin, chilli, paprika and dried oregano. If needed, add a little garlic and onion powder too.